Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Erin did a comic?


(my interpretation of) The Sea of Frozen Words

"...on the edge of the frozen sea of the north. In winter, all words and sounds in the area are frozen; as the milder weather approaches in spring, they begin to thaw and can be clearly heard. Travellers can pick up the frozen words, which resemble crystallized sweets of various colors."

And this seems to be from Francois Rabelais' Le quart livre de faicts et dicts du bon Pantagruel, Paris, 1552.


Haha, what? I drew my first comic since sophomore year, only my third comic ever - and boy does it show. What was I doing with that awful speech bubble in the third panel of page 2? Good question. And "BWOOOMP" is apparently what foghorns sound like in my head. I'm not really sure why.

I've learned my lesson about trying to finish 3 pages in less than a week, but man was that rewarding. :)

Loved it, will definitely go on for Round 4!

Thanks for looking!
Erin Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment