Thursday, February 4, 2010

OH MY. IT'S BEEN A WHILE.

Was my last post really so long ago?? Wow. Well, I suppose I should continue chronicling my art-schooling... or something. Sometime this weekend I will post all the homework that I did this past week, but until then I guess I'll just share this semester's schedule.

On Monday, I have Arts in Native America and Feminist Theories of the Political (or something to that effect). These are both very interesting classes.. I listen to a lot of people talk on Monday afternoon. The readings are interesting, and make me think.

Tuesday, I decided to commit suicide weekly with double studio classes: Studio Drawing: Portrait in the morning now with 100% more Mark Karnes! (and considerably less Abbey Sangiamo, who had to drop the class for medical reasons D': ), and Lifestyle: Body and Behavior in the evening with Dan Krall.

Wednesday (which is pretty much my Friday), is my Illustration Concepts 2 class. I decided to stay with the wonderful Rebecca Bradley.


...Oh look at that, a three-day week!


I have also been attempting (with limited success) to set myself up with an internship this summer. I have some interviews coming up, so here's hoping something will work out and I can stop wondering.
If I don't intern anywhere I'll probably just try looking for a job in Waldorf. Great. Well, there's always Senior Thesis to prepare for.

In other news, a wholesale art company wants to use one of my pieces from last year on a pad of paper. I of course agreed. Awesome. I'll be on something that someone will buy... SUPER AWESOME.

Well, I wish I could post an actual image here, but I seriously did jack the entire winter break. I mean I read books... and painted my brother's bedroom and the guest room in the basement. I (tried to) entertain my Grandparents when they visited for Christmas, and went to one of my good friend's New Year party thing. We played a game called 'Body, Body' and I killed everyone. In the game of course. I swear.

For absolutely no reason, here's a list of books that I read:

The Land of the Silver Apples, by Nancy Farmer

The Islands of the Blessed, by Nancy Farmer

(Last year I read the first book of the trilogy, The Sea of Trolls)

The Candle Man Book One: The Society of Unrelenting Vigilance, by Glenn Dakin

I am currently reading:

Sherlock Holmes, by Arthur Conan Doyle (Specifically, I'm still on the first story, A Study in Scarlet).

Norse Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Heroes, Rituals and Beliefs, by John Lindow

And whatever I need to read for my two academic classes, of course~ :)

Ah, now that I've shared entirely too much useless information about myself, here's something I drew this evening while I watched the end of the BBC miniseries of Pride and Prejudice.



Quick charcoal and pencil drawing. I should have made her chin a little smaller, I think. Oh well. Wheeee~

I should go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment